On August 25-26, TREAT Asia / amfAR held a training workshop for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of Hepatitis B which was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
On this occasion, Yayasan Peduli Hati Bangsa together with other organizations in Asia, including the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Nepal and Malaysia, participated in this workshop. The aims of this workshop are:
- orienting participants in the standard of screening, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of Hepatitis B
- to prepare participants to effectively inform the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of Hepatitis B
The modules studied include:
- Liver structure and function
- causes of liver disease,
- Hepatitis B virus transmission
- Hepatitis B infection prevention
- Hepatitis B test, and
- Hepatitis B infection management
This workshop opened up further insight about Hepatitis B and its handling so that it can be forwarded to the general public so that there is a distribution of good and correct information. On the other hand, experiences and questions from the community are passed on to experts in discussion so that they can be input for further studies.
The lead trainers in this workshop are:
- Dr. Rakesh Aggarwal, Director L Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, India
- Dr. Shalimar, Additional Professor : All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India
- Dr. Amit Goel, Additional Professor: Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute (SGPGI), WHO SEARO Collaborating Center for Viral Hepatitis, Lucknow, India